Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello saab-heads, first time involved here but been reading this site last 2 years for reference. Now then, I'm a chef 24 years been off last 1 1/2 ( by choice) and took up working on cars for first time in my life. I never thought I would be good at it. But since I got Saab I have replaced- CUP HOLDER-PAINTED/INSTALLED BOTH BUMPERS-TENSIONER AND SERP-FRT SHOCKS/STRUTS-SWITCHED TO HIDS-ALL 4 WINDOW REGUKATORS/MOTORS-fouler on catfor smog-driver seat amp- added mudflaps-figured out then stereo wiring-rpl front window relay switches-got water pump in with out removing no parts and engine in place( by far the hardest thing ever imaginable but got it 3 months ago and it's leak free) it's been very fun to learn how to fix things. But I changed the front hub/bearing. Assembly last week.as I removed the big nut that secures the hub on axel it was so tight that I pushed the hub to click 2 times as I was pulling up on the socket. I just prayed that it would be ok. But next day camshaft sensor code was showing. Got a 07 junkyard sensor in next day. But my car has not started 4 times last 3 days. Unplugging the sensor for min and it started up ok. But I'm worried about what's happening. From all the forums seems like a off timing problem. What should I do? Possible to reset the sensor? Or forced to open the timing cover and try to figure out if chain is imbalanced? Thx and any advice would really help me to make the right call here. Have a good day Saabheads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello saab-heads, first time involved here but been reading this site last 2 years for reference. Now then, I'm a chef 24 years been off last 1 1/2 ( by choice) and took up working on cars for first time in my life. I never thought I would be good at it. But since I got Saab I have replaced- CUP HOLDER-PAINTED/INSTALLED BOTH BUMPERS-TENSIONER AND SERP-FRT SHOCKS/STRUTS-SWITCHED TO HIDS-ALL 4 WINDOW REGUKATORS/MOTORS-fouler on catfor smog-driver seat amp- added mudflaps-figured out then stereo wiring-rpl front window relay switches-got water pump in with out removing no parts and engine in place( by far the hardest thing ever imaginable but got it 3 months ago and it's leak free) it's been very fun to learn how to fix things. But I changed the front hub/bearing. Assembly last week.as I removed the big nut that secures the hub on axel it was so tight that I pushed the hub to click 2 times as I was pulling up on the socket. I just prayed that it would be ok. But next day camshaft sensor code was showing. Got a 07 junkyard sensor in next day. But my car has not started 4 times last 3 days. Unplugging the sensor for min and it started up ok. But I'm worried about what's happening. From all the forums seems like a off timing problem. What should I do? Possible to reset the sensor? Or forced to open the timing cover and try to figure out if chain is imbalanced? Thx and any advice would really help me to make the right call here. Have a good day Saabheads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts