Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At high speed motorway driving (70 MPH, obviously..) I'm getting a vibration which I can feel through the floor of the car, not really a knocking noise, more of a quiet kind of rumble. There's some steering wheel shake so I'm pretty sure the wheels need balancing, but would this account for the extra vibration?. Any ideas / comments appreciated as always.

Incidentally, thanks to everyone who recommended the Abbott LPT upgrade, had the car back a couple of weeks and still every time the turbo kicks in!. Cheers..

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd be interested to know. I test drove an Anniversary 2.0 lpt and at the same speed got the same problem but less of the bodywork problem and much more steering vibration. Both were not noticeable at town speeds. Never found out why as binned it as an option and bought my current one instead.

Good news on your extra
- did you just get the ECU upgrade ? Be warned - you'll want more yet, (intake & downpipes, JT exhaust etc) but you'll certainly never drive a 2.0 lpt again !

·
Registered
430 Posts
I had vibration problems with my 9000 when I first got it. I had to have 2 new tyres on the front anyway so I got them fitted & balanced.
Made no difference at all.
It really started to annoy me, so after a long drive south I called at a tyre fitters & he rebalanced the wheels while I watched. Both offside wheels had dents on the inside rim.

5 minutes & a bit of gentle planishing later, no vibrations.

Would have been nice if the tyre fitter who replaces the offside front tyre had bothered to look at the wheel when (or if) he balanced it.

It's a long shot but it could be worth checking all the rims.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Whitesaab, I'll definitely have a carefull look at the rims, it doesn't feel like anything major but it's gotta be worth checking... To Mark R, the ECU upgrade was superb, promised myself that would be the only upgrade... hmmmm... 190 BHP, it could do more... love this car...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.