Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

Got into car ( 96 9000 cse ) last night and turned on engine. There is a loud ticking noise coming from ( somewhere ) inside the dashboard.
Just like on the cartoons before the bomb goes off
!.
Turned ACC on/off and it made no difference.
Ended up turning the radio up.
It's doing my head in

Any ideas

Thanks !

ps - first time I tried to post this got an error saying i couldn't because of 'Flood protection'
is this something to do with the inclement weather ??

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It's most likely to be the temperature sensor fan for the ACC, which just below the heated seat controls on the dash. Mine rattles a lot. You can get them out quite easily and clean them, which may help.

If it isn't that, I've heard some people say that they can get a problem with ticking from the injectors transmitted via the fuel pipes into the bulkhead of the car.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

I've experienced the noise made by the temp sensor before. But this noise is much louder and mechanical-sounding - coming from behind the instrumentation area.
Could be the injector vibration as you say.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the injector ticking myself, i looked into it a while ago, apparently there was a recall a few years ago regarding faulty fuel dampers situated on the fuel rail, doubt very much if they would still replace it now tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.