Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Anyone help me solve this one? Start car on cold morning, runs fine until temp gauge gets to bottom of scale. Engine holds back / hesitates until temp gauge gets to normal temp. Runs fine at all other times, no lack of power etc. Fault only happens in the transition between very cold and fully warm.
This car ('91 9000S 2.3 Turbo) has the ETS & TCS systems. I've been led to believe this does away with the warm-up regulator. Anyone know if that's correct?
Thanks
Pete.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not sure what the ETS & TCS Systems are that you mention though is TCS Traction Control?

This is based on what I understand (which isn't a great deal) & from my knowledge of the setup from a non Saab turbo charged car altogether, so it might not be quite right. However... When the temperature outside reaches around 6 degrees C, the air is so dense that the ECU (via the inlet temp sensor) will retard the ignition & reduce boost levels. This might explain why your car appears to be holding back. Just wait for the Summer!! ;o)

·
Registered
70 Posts
ETS stands for Electronic Throttle System

TCS stands for Traction Control System

This combination of ETS/TCS have a large history of failures in SAAB 9000. Mine had two failures: the first one the day I bought the car (second handed) and the other the day I got the car repaired from first failure. Frightening but not a failure anymore in 1.5 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.