Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After last months RR run which gave my car spot on power and torque (if misplaced), I've been suffering a lack of boost.

Yesterday I filled up at a different Shell station neart where I got some new tyres, and today I had to disconnect the battery for some work, and now.

Woaaaaa!
Boost from 3500-6000 is the same (15psi), but from 2500-3500 it's added an extra 2-3 psi, running mainly 18psi with peaks to 20psi

I've not done any adaption runs, it just came back like that when I put the battery back in. (even though it's 25c out here.

I just don't understand, as I've reset the ecu 2-3 times this last month due to low boostand onlyt ever saw 16psi max and hesitant boost before.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
On the matter of boost I took the 9000 out for a run with the gauge plugged in and my neighbour to watch for the needle moving. Maxed at 1.3 bar (19psi) and maintained 1.1 bar (16psi). Quite pleased with that but on previous runs it's maxed at 1.1 and fallen back to 0.8 bar. Maybe it's the weather.
but

·
Registered
547 Posts
Could it have been the pertol, I'm sure I've seen a post somewhere that suggests that optimax can lose some of its ooomph if it sits for too long without being used. Perhaps the new garage had just had its delivery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.