Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1990 cds turbo, as developed a stange noise, it only happens in the mid to high range in revs, and seems to be coming from the back of the engine. it dont matter if the car is in gear or neutral, and i've had a freind look at it and he's stumped as well, (cheers teesside saab. the best i can describe it, is like a ticking noise as if the alternator fan was cathing the alter nator casing, but it dosent get quicker with revs, or does it do it at idle, only when giving the gas pedal some whelly....

please, before i yet again go out and spend more money on my beast of a car, has anyone had these symptoms, before, and if so what was the cause.

many thanks

saab babe

·
Registered
155 Posts
sorry i couldnt help you saab babe, but the wierd noise is defo coming from the back of the block, and i would say to the g/box side of thew engine, but without further investigation this is just an assumption. i did notice that there was an emergency repair exhaust bandage to the downpipe, so it is possible that the noise could be coming from there. get it up on a ramp, and get a friend to rev engins so you can locate it from underneath. maybe somone on this sitr has hadf a similar experience, and can help you more

cheere

teesside saab

·
Registered
984 Posts
Deeply mature and serious.

After all, I'm a company director, and you know how sincere and responsible such people are!

Just because it's a company full of thespians doesn't mean anything - anyway, ask the Midlanders, they all met me last Wednesday.

Very mature me.

Quite ripe actually.

And going a bit mouldy at the edges!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by Redleicester (H):
[qb]I like to keep fit, so that I don't dribble round my wax coating!      [/qb][/b]
According to the Midlands Meet you do seem to dribble all over the place especially around your wax coating. Well the wax coating on Saabs that is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.