Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my carlsson out for a drive the other day,not driven her in a while,anyway i had a little fun with the car,when the boost builds up you here a noise behind the dashboard dare i say a farting noise around the back of the dials,the boost gauge works but only goes up to the yellow.

stuart
91 black carlsson

·
Registered
776 Posts
Dont know your exact car set up, mine has abbott dump, and hose goes back from there, the juctions of two ways, one round back of engine, other thru to dash. and split or hole will badly affect the boost pressure, as I have found out on more than one occasion. Check, or for sake of a couple of quid, replace visible hoses first, as dash more of a pain.
Andy.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Stuart/.
May be just co-incidence, but driving home today, got similar whooshing sound whenever apc needle touched the yellow, and if continuing to push car, it would only go mid-way into yellow. this also resulted in a substantial loss of ooomph..

I had a look, and found that a big hose( dont ask me what it does) had its jubilee come loose, and the end of hose, which pushed on in an upwards direction, had dropped.
How can i describe it?? Looking from front bumper,it is between engine and battery, assessible with a simple screwdriver.

Maybe this helps before taking dash apart...

Cheers, Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts