Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally drive around quite happily with the air con set to 22 deg C, and all is well. Recently, on a couple of long journeys, after an hour or so, the air con seems to want to cool us down, and we increase the setting to 23C, and the half and hour later to 24C and eventually even 25C. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it the start of the demise of the cabin temp sensor?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine too.

I found I was driving around with it set to 22C for comfort and yet I still had to keep turning it up to avoid frostbite.

I thought about it and 22C seemed too high for a "normal" cabin temperature so I did a reset (about 2-3 months ago) and it hasn't tried to freeze me for a while now. I now can sit comfortably with it indicating 19C yet it seems warmer than when it was reading 22C

absgt

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by absgt:
[qb]I thought about it and 22C seemed too high for a "normal" cabin temperature so I did a reset (about 2-3 months ago) and it hasn't tried to freeze me for a while now.    

absgt [/qb][/b]
When you say reset, do you mean a self diagnostic/calibration thingy?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the inevitable fluff and dust out of the cabin-air temperature sensor? Might help! You can even take the sensor apart to do this, if you are VERY careful. Once the fan is working properly again, so does the rest of the system.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cleaned the sensor a while ago, and the fan's definitely working, but it might be time for another clean. I've done a recalibration so we'll see this afternoon whether that's done the trick. I reread the handbook last night, and it does say that the system must be recalibrated if the battery has been disconnected, which it was recently. So maybe that is the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.