Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a problem last week relating to having no boost pressure. Found that the westegate rod had come off at the leaver end. Just fixed that but still no boost, only base boost ie just making it into the bottom of the yellow zone. Any ideas? Do I need to reset the system or something else? The rod seems to move in and out when pulled by had but doesn’t move when you put your foot on the throttle.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
fastersaabs, the engine will need to be under load (i.e. producing boost) before you see the lever moving. I assume you weren't hanging on to the front of the car at 60mph watching for movement on the rod

Anyway, that's step one sorted, and it sounds like the wastegate isn't stuck. I can't remember which 9000 you have (e.g. what year) as the control system differed a bit (different potential problams) over the years. It does sound like you are only getting base boost, which would indicate a problem with the APC function somewhere.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for those constructive words 3.5man . Decided now that it might be the APC solenoid, think there is one available for a couple of quid at the local scrappy so will see what happens once that’s in.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
To check the APC solenoid, disconnect the plug coupler from the solenoid.
There should be 12v present on the centre pin of the plug coupler (assuming you have the later type-3 pin solenoid). If not check fuse 5 (10 Amp).
Also check the resistance between the centre pin and each outer pin on the solenoid, this should be between 2.4 and 3 Ohms.
If this is correct then check by blowing through the airways that they are not blocked.
HTH.
Nick. (Who really needs a new solenoid!!)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just tested the solenoid, voltage seems ok. The resistance between the centre pin and each outer pin was 3.5 and 3.6 ohms which is higher than you said Nick, could be a different solenoid to yours?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.