Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am going to change the wastegate actuator to cure uneven boost pressure. There are standard one and those with stiffer spring. Beside better grade material which should make them last longer, what are the benefits of the stiffer spring to the car performance?
I tried searching the board but still can not find any info. My car is 1995/9000CS2.0LPT, maptun stage1.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A stiffer spring will make it run higher boost as the turbo will have pump more air to push it open,they should tell you what it is rated at when you buy it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car base boost is 0.4bar. With stiffer spring wastegate, base boost will be higher, thus, high boost pressure,correct?

·
Registered
382 Posts
an uprated actuator will give you much more reliable boost, especially as your car is stage 1, speak to fredrik at maptun in sweden. this is a new product they have and is not shown on there website yet. they charge about 70 gbp on an exchange basis, but they will ship actuator to you first.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
There's a detailed description of uprated actuators an an earlier post here.

It's always worth using the search facility at the top of the page to see if these things have been covered before- I just typed in "uprated actuator" and searched this forum to drag up my previous post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mark E, I still have a question. My car has maptun stage1 ecu. This upgrade does not require to change to stronger spring wastegate actuator. My understanding is that maptun must have taken into account the standard 0.4bar wastegate actuator when they remap the ecu. In such case, to change to an uprated wastegate should not make any different in the car performance than the standard one. ??

(I have just replace mine with HKS 0.8bar and it did cure the uneven boost problem.
)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts