Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
comming home today the steering on the carlsson seems to have gone stiff, it feels as though one of the front tyres is flat, strangly though when turning the steering wheel it squeaks really bad,
i've checked fluid levels and all is ok, any ideas would be great

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers simon, serps belt? i've checked the belt on the left hand side of the engine and that one is ok, the squeaking is comming from inside the car as you turn the steering wheel

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i have located the problem , all the squeaking and stiffness in the steering seems to be comming from a joining piece located on the bottem of the steering column and connecting to the steering rack, what is this connecting piece called any ideas where i can get one and of course how many££££££££ ...thanks

Lee

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Not 100% sure of the 9000. Is there a universal joint there? With a pinch bolt? If so check the bolt is tight.

Is there a rubber seal through the floor that's being chewed up?

Those are the only cheap things I can think of, unless the carpet is caught in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.