Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my neighbour has a K plate 9000 2.0 (no turbo), and is having an intermittent problem with the clutch....sometimes the pedal is actual sticking/jerking on the way up and others the clutch is very fierce, ie; slight lift and away you go....it will then run ok for several miles with no probs atall...a local non-saab mechanic has had a quick look and could find no fault, anybody have any clues as to their prob?

cheers

·
Registered
561 Posts
One thing that comes to mind is the hydraulic system.

If there is a foreign body loose in the master or slave cylinders, this could explain the intermittent stickiness.
If the rubber seals are disintegrating, small bits of rubber could get between the piston and cylinder and make the piston stick. Rubber is virtually incompressible, so it would cause a jam and not just be forced out of the way.

Eventually of course enough of the seal would break away to cause a leak.

There's no easy way I can think of to tell for sure - without stripping the master and slave cylinders.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey this one is easy

It either the Clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder!

I would change the master first(cheapest and easier to do) if the problem persist look into the slave

New master £65.00 europarts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.