Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this problem was just a one-off when it happened on my previous 9000 CS, but it has just happened on my current 9000 as well.

Simply put, the rear offside seatbelt sticks and will not retract or pull out. Removing the trim where the belt enters the interior of the car and manually pushing the reel releases it for a time.

I don't want to take any risks with safety so I thought I should replace the belt.

I would guess a second-hand one is not an option as you would want to know a belts "history", especially as a second-hand one may have come from a car which has been involved in an accident and possibly "used" in anger.

Any thoughts anyone ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
when you check the seat belt you have to make sure that it is perfectly square or the bearings will not let the belt move freely, and on the other point i wouldn't touch a second hand belt your life is worth more than saving a few quid

·
Registered
235 Posts
This happens on our 9000 Aero as well!!

We found that the best way to sort it, without taking the car to bits, is to apply a "percussion adjustment" near to the point where the belt passes into the body trim.

This can be a little difficult due to having the rear head restraints but still do-able.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I had a similar problem, turned out a black plastic disc on the reel had split and was causing it to jam. The disc just enures the belt rolls up neatly. Once the disc was removed the belt has worked ok since although I was prepared to replace it if its safety was going to be affected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts