Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Happy Christmas to one and all.

Got a sticking IAC valve, checked for leaks etc and done a search of the threads on this board. I am planning to do it fairly soon, but I am holding back until I can get a few tips
Am I right in thinking that it is a bit more of a pig to do than a turbo'd 9000? ( I had a look at Bill's site, then realised there could be a difference)
Haynes manual says to clamp off small coolant hoses, yet I can't see these.... but there again sometimes reading a comic can be just as informative as the Haynes manual!

Your best seasonal advice and tips please, thanks

Kind regards

green9000

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I think Peter has hit it more or less on the head about the Haynes manual, although I think it's a case of them not treating every variant thoroughly enough. The Bentley manual for the C900 manages the trick very well by being thorough (it's basically the Official Saab workshop manual), but even that has two editions to cover 8-valve and 16-valve models. Pity they never did one for the 9000.

Anyway, back to the plot. On the few non-turbo 9000s I've looked at, the valve is right on top of the inlet manifold and really easy to get to. At least I think it is, or was that the early turbos? Not to say that's the case for all model years. If it's in that position, it shouldn't be necessary to clamp the coolant hoses, which only get in the way if the valve is underneath like it is in the turbo models. Even at that, I recently cleaned the valve on my CSE LPT and managed to get it out and back in without touching the coolant hoses, which are connected to the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The IAC on my my 19993 cse only took seconds to take of unplug the connection, unscrew the clips on both the hoses and pull out of the rubber ring that holds it, it sits right on top of the of the engine/manifold and is easy to take off. Best to check the hoses are clear as one of the hoses going to the valve was dirty to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice so far.
I am out having a look at the moment, air intake is off and I cannot see anything like the pictures in Bills article.

Mine is an MY95....don't tell me that is the only year they did something different...please. Any one got any pictures of where the IAC valve might be on a non turbo MY95?

There again it might all be alcohol blurred vision and my inability

green9000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.