Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still getting a CEL when trying to start my car. I replaced the injectors which fixed this exact same problem before, but no luck. So I'm again... out of ideas. For those that havn't read my other posts, the car has died twice now when attempting to take it into boost. Hit less than 5 psi and just completely died after stumbling along for a second on 1 or 2 cylinders. Wouldn't even try to crank up again. As I said before changing out the injectors got it to start again, but attempting boost again killed it in the exact same way. Just thought I'd ask again if anyone had seen similar symptoms or anything. The local Saab shop is completely baffled, I've had them check over the wiring and such. Something is clicking over the main engine relay when attempting to start. I like the car a lot but I'm afraid I'll be forced to scrap it soon because of this. It's a sorry way for it to go considering the body and mechanical parts are like new, but what can I do it's a 3000 pound lawn orniment right now. Any advice appreciated.

EDIT : Forgot to mention... this time when I changed the injectors out (3rd time), it just gave me CEL and refused to start. Both previous times it ran and drove for about 30 minutes each time before I tried the boost, this time it wouldn't even start. Also I wanted to mention that the tac seems to be possessed (???) Every once in a while after resetting the ecu with key in 2nd position, the tac flips out and ticks around at 500-700 rpm... and something making a rapid clicking noise near the main engine relay the speed of the clicking is similar to the speed that the tac reads. No idea what that means, just thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Could the tac problem actually be the cause of the problem - I'm not an expert on that area but if the feed to the tac also feeds into the engine management computer then its going to get very very confused.

Steve

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My theory is that when I tried to use the APC system again it sent a faulty signal to the ECU, maybe a divide by zero kind of thing? Due to the fact that it's no longer getting the automatic transmission signal (Used to limit boost depending on gear). I guess the fuel computer would be the one to get destroyed because of this. One more question though, correct me if I'm wrong. The crank position sensor hops from the crank pulley to ECU, THEN to tac from the ECU?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.