Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently some thieving toe-rags managed to break into my '96 Saab 9000 Aero. After making a thorough mess of things, they decided that the only things worth taking were my dated Sony radio / cassette and a pair of sunglasses.

I had a spare Sony CD player lying around the house which I thought I would install. Installation seemed straight-forward until I began digging a little deeper into the dashboard. In addition to the two standard DIN connectors, there appears to be a 10-pin male connector (with retaining clip on the side) and a female 8-pin connection. Does anyone know what these are for?

Also, my two rear speakers have poor treble response, but I don't think they were blown before the break-in. Any tips on trouble-shooting these? I've already checked the wiring at both ends and everything seems pretty tight and secure.

·
Registered
765 Posts
could be wrong but !!
saab 9ks use to have a seperate cd player from the tape/radio, every chance this is what these plugs are for, as for your speakers do not know, maybe been shorted in the rip-out ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.