Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New to Saab's hence stupid question!! But cd/radio is hanging loose in dash, no apparent sign of cage or ever having being one, do the grub screws go straight through and into the dash surround, does anyone know?? the stereo works fine both radio and cd, so no real reason for it to be hanging out!!

Please let me know if you have any clues. regards mike

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
There are no grub screws!! :eek:

There are some photos here showing the dash panel removal. This has the radio removal and shows the removal tools. You may need to find a tin box "cage" to get the radio to fit. Should be OK as long as the rear connectors are there to fit into the cage.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Miko, Hi!

If you are stuck...I have the cage that you might need! Take the ACC panel out so that you can have better access to the back of the radio etc.

Just clip the aerial and all the stereo plugs in the back,push it home (keeping your and at the back so that the plugs don't become dis-lodged)

Then slide your stereo in doing similar at the back. Then re-fit the ACC panel!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
It really is just a slide-in fit into the cage, if the connectors are there as silogic says, you don't have to fiddle about to connect the aerial etc. to the unit.

The two U shaped bits are the standard removal tools available from halfords etc for a few quid. These work better than thin screwdrivers. Just.
I suggest that you apply the SLIGHTEST repeat SLIGHTEST amount of grease/WD40/similar to the sides of the unit before fitting, they have a tendency to stick to the inside faces of the cage, which can be a very tight fit, and make it very tricky to remove the unit when you need to.

Very gently removing SID (to avoid scratching the plastic case) gives you more space to work.

(And there's no such thing as a stupid question - they're only questions you don't know the answer to. :thumbsup:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.