Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get hold of the code for my stereo i contacted the previous owner no luck,contacted the dealer where it used to be serviced no luck,contacted another main dealer who checked on saabs main system they had all the details of my car but no radio code,has anyone had this problem? i thought i would need to phone up somewhere quoting the serial number on the back of the radio but i dont know where to phone,i have tryed saabs website but had no answer and they dont have a number, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rob

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by trebor:
[qb]i have tryed saabs website but had no answer and they dont have a number, any help would be greatly appreciated.
[/qb][/b]
They do have a number. Call directory enquiries and ask for Saab GB in Marlow.

What year 9000, what make of radio? You'll need to be more specific if people are going to be able to help

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Have you pulled the radio and had a look at the case? I've found on many radios, especially if they've been repaired or replaced, that someone has scratched the code into the metal or just left the original code sticker on it

On my son's Ford the code supplied by Ford turned out to be the last digits of the serial number

·
Registered
285 Posts
does it have a anti theft system on the stereo?...if so get a VIN TOOL it lookslike 2 U shaped pieces of metal(that slide into the 2 holes on either side of the stereo) then you slide your system out and the code should be written on the bottom of the stereo...i know i had to go to my not so local service department to get this done to find my code...the tools run about $15.00 u.s. can be found at most car audio shops and dealers

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Strange the dealer couldn't help you. I took my MY95 9000 CSE V6 into Viking's at Watford last week for the same reason. The service tech pulled the unit from the dash and noted the serial number of the unit, this was then searched for on the Saab computer and this yielded the security code.....job done.
Is the stereo unit the original Saab fit though...??? If not then Saab will not have a record of the code. The tech also said that in the past dealers often replaced/swapped units of cars on the forecourts without logging the changed details with the Saab central computer, and this will obvisously cause a problem if trying to track the security code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts