Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not an expert, here but I have to ask. I was reading up on upgrades and came accross this link from Hirsch..

http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/pdf/9-3SSAero252PS.pdf

What I dont get is the reported increased performance in the auto sedan (252HP; 0-100 kmh; 6.6secs) from stock (210HP; 0-100 kmh; 9.0 secs).

This improvement is a far greater increase in performance than seen in the conventional transmission.

Does this upgrade radically improve the gear changing on autos? Or are these misprints

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My guess is that the 0-100 kph on the auto, when stock is probably much quicker than 9 seconds. Can somebody confirm this?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Adrian W:
[qb]The auto is normally restricted in lower gears.          

That restriction is probably reduced significantly.    :fawlty:  

Adrian W~ [/qb][/b]
I suppose that makes sense...you cant have a "from the factory" car lurching into the red all the time before it shifts up.

I like the shoulder cam there, Sasse...did you get your 9-3ss auto modded ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
S44BT4ST1C >

Yes, you can say that.

Im working at Nordic so its not my car, but it got 370nm now so its pretty fast now .

Do you folks want some dynopapers on original 9-3 sportsedan´s?

Best Reagrds Sasse

·
Registered
9 Posts
R U sure you guys don't all work for Hirsch or perhaps ELK? LOL

I find it hard to believe that you can crank more bhp from an engine simply by modifying the engine managment system.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by donki:
[qb]I find it hard to believe that you can crank more bhp from an engine simply by modifying the engine managment system.    [/qb][/b]
It's a little difficult on naturally aspirated cars, but on turbo cars, quite easy- you simply up the boost map and hey presto, more air and fuel in the cylinders and thus more power...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aha! the light grow brighter......now I get it....

But of course this will degrade my already pretty awful MPG even more......oh but the thrill of it all. Hey, it's only money!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by donki:
[qb]But of course this will degrade my already pretty awful MPG even more......oh but the thrill of it all. Hey, it's only money!    [/qb][/b]
Not necessarily. My mpg didn't change significantly after an upgrade, and some people see an improvement.

Of course, if you then use all that extra power all the time, you'll definately see a decrease!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Exactly! My 9-3 got better part throttle or cruising mpg. But on the power it is capable of really sucking down the juice! When I used to go to the Nurburgring, I would get about 9 mpg!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts