Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an issue with a steering wheel wobble, car drives ok up 60mph then, SOMETIMES the steering wheel starts to wobble and the tone of the engine changes like something somewhere in the engine is not getting lubricated, passed MOT 2weeks ago with no advisories, had the car for 1 year and has used absolutely no oil, not very mechanical, just don't want go to a garage without some advice about what the problem is,especially in these trying times

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wheel balance would be my first check, swap rear wheels with the fronts and take it for a high speed drive see if it goes away. Chance that all 4 wheels would be out of balance.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel balance would be my first check, swap rear wheels with the fronts and take it for a high speed drive see if it goes away. Chance that all 4 wheels would be out of balance.

Thanks for that,have a look when the weather's better!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take your car to a tyre shop and they will balance the tyres - that is all it is.

Don't be messging around with moving the wheels.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Take your car to a tyre shop and they will balance the tyres - that is all it is.

Don't be messging around with moving the wheels.
I advised him to swop the fronts for the rears as a check, its free. Getting them balanced costs money, if he finds that the problem still exists then get the balance checked. If then the problem may be more serious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts