Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose it is a result of leaning on the wheel getting in and out of the car, but I feel a bit of play in the whole assembly (wheel/ cowling etc.

Is this a common trait? 93MY 97k miles? Is it likely the assembly needs tightened up or bolt holes for steering column becoming elongated?

Deebel

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
It could just be the lever on the telescopig adjuster - the nut on it does tend to work loose and you can get quite a bit of play on it. Does it slide in and out easily if you push and pull on it?

Steve

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
The '93 I have on loan from Abbott at the moment has a loose steering column clamp. Pity, because it has excellent brakes (apart from the ABS, which isn't working) and when I stomp on them, the steering wheel retracts into the dashboard.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is a 93MY with airbag but NO column adjuster. I meant lateral movement as opposed to "in /out" movement. Having looked at Bill's site I expect the same bolt is present without the adjuster lever incorporated. I will remove the cowl and investigate

deebel

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
hey billj
this loaner is not green is it ??
it sounds like the one they lent me last year
abs didn't work either
also broke down on me twice
if it is the fuel pump and fuel pump relay has been fitted by yours truely

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
ylee, it is a K-reg in Eucalyptus Green with grey interior. The keyfob has "Jackie's Green 9000" written on it. It takes a bit of churning first thing in the morning, but hasn't broken down (yet - fingers firmly crossed).

Goes OK for a 2.0LPT, handles well, stops well, sounds awful. Clutch is near the end of its useful life and it wants to stall when coming to a stop (split bypass valve?).

Then again, it's doing pretty well for 218K miles...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb]Thats the one..... [/qb][/b]

Hope it gets me back there. I don't want to stereotype, ylee, but with you being a Scot, I need to know ...

... was there anything a southerner would consider "inexpensive" about that fuel pump repair?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The only cheap thing about ylee was the very small charge he made for the Saab stereo I bought off him complete with amp thanks ylee.

By the way BillJ when are you next visiting Scotland......

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Adrian:
[qb]By the way BillJ when are you next visiting Scotland......    [/qb][/b]
I'll probably be passing through around Easter on the way to see my folks in Belfast. When I say "passing through", it's really "skirting around the bottom of", but once I'm that far north, I'm sure I can take a few detours.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Thanks adrian  
ps have you fitted it yet ?  [/b]
Err no. Too many cars and too few weekends thats my problem.
Must think about it soon as the red CSE's tax runs out at the end of March so a good time to tax the convertible for 6 months and the stereo will go in the convertible - I hope, not sure where to put the amp though.

I'll probably be passing through around Easter on the way to see my folks in Belfast. When I say "passing through", it's really "skirting around the bottom of", but once I'm that far north, I'm sure I can take a few detours.  [/b]
Well after your previous stereotyping there are a few Scotsman who would like to meet you........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts