Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some time with my BSR 1 (9-5) i'm looking at the Stage 2. The only difference seems to be a sport exhaust and the red injectors.
Can someone answer these for me please:
1) how do the injectors work? Easy to fit?
2) Is 'nt the standard 2.0 lpt exhaust a 2.5 inch anyway? So how will changing it improve performance?
3) Is the slight bhp increase going to have a noticeable difference?
4) should I buy the Bsr 'package' i.e the injectors and exhaust or do you recommend a different type?
Cheers.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I didn't think you needed injectors until a much higher state of tune than stage 2 and the BSR website doesn't list them.

Anyway if necessary they are a relatively simple job to change- you just remove the fuel rail. Use a liberal coating of vasline on both ends of the injectros when re-assembling and be careful not to force them in or you will damage the o ring seals. A bit of gentle jiggling generally works.

The main practical difference with the exhaust will be a much freer flowing downpipe. You could just replace this part.

On paper the slight difference doesn't look that noticable, no, but the cars may drive differently. You'd really need someone who's had the same to tell you.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

What does Cat back mean - everything apart from the downpipe? Again, standard exhaust is 2.5' so what is the benefit of putting another 2.5' on - just looks?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Cat back means replacment of the exhaust after the catalytic converter. This generally yields more sonic than power benefits.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
My own experience of fitting a larger than standard cat-back exhaust was a power gain of around five per cent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts