Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the standard fuel regulator setpoint? I have uprated my fuel pump and got my green giant injectors fitted and have just fitted a Sx adjustable regulator. The green giant are max rated at 3.8 bar but I'm suffering big misfires and exhaust backfiring at that setpoint so have dropped it to 3.4bar but whilst it is a bit better...no backfiring the misfire is still present, but unpredictable on when or how it appears on throttle position. Because I have a better fuel supply, injectors which can when required deliver more fuel do I set the regulator to standard pressure...or what do you suggest?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The bigger green injectors at the standard 3.0 bar will flow more (lots more!)

The raised fuel pressure of 3.8 will also flow more.

Combining the 2 will probably flood the engine and kill the spark!

Don't the stanadard ones flow about 325ml @ 3 bar and the new 465 @ 3.8?

If so, I'd be tempted to run the new at 3.0 or 3.2 bar and see how it goes (wide band lambda).

What boost are you running now?? 25psi??

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]I understood Maptun and other tuners used the green injectors with the standard 3.0 bar fuel pressure regulator. [/qb][/b]
Correct

I think that even in very high stages of tune they don't really up the pressure- just increase the injector delivery rate (and fuel pump to suit!)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If so, I'd be tempted to run the new at 3.0 or 3.2 bar and see how it goes (wide band lambda).

What boost are you running now?? 25psi??  [/b]
Running 1.6bar at present, dropped the pressure down to 3bar and it seems a lot better although there still is a flat spot between on/off boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts