Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Stalling the car, it's not my fault. Is it?

947 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nickharman 
#1 ·
I have been driving 40 years and I don't stall cars!

And yet with this new (to me 93 aero soft top 2005) car I find I stall it a lot in first gear.

It feels to me like my foot instruction is not always getting to the throttle body properly.

This is my first car that does not have cable throttle.

Would this be the potentiometers worn? I had an ECL and limp home occur a few weeks ago which I cleared with my OBD reader. It hasn't come back, but it suggests maybe there is a slight, intermittent, problem with the TB?

Of course it could be cogs in the TB butterfly valve gearing I suppose but I reckon that would be more permanent a problem

Nick

#3 ·
If you had a eml light then there was a fault code stored so code reading would if lead you in a suitable direction.
You don't say what engine you are running
A bit more info please .
The code was 'P2135 throttle/pedal position sensor switch a/b voltage correlation' which I cleared and which hasn't recurred. The other day I had ECL again, but this time it was about emissions and it was not a limp home issue, I did not note the code as I was in a hurry and cleared it and carried on. It has not so far come back

The first codes to me suggest worn potentiometer, the second possibly that again, or general throttle body age related issues

It's a 2.0l petrol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.