Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all
I am considering getting rid of my back box on my 1995my Aero and getting a straight through pipe in stainless made up.My only worry is that the noise may be too great without a silencer there ,both for me driving it and for our local constabulary. Anybody tried this before?
Any advice appreciated
Anthony

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I had a stainless item made up to replace an original back box on my Carlsson. Although it was made to the same spec, straight through, it quickly became too noisy and had to go when another new oem part became availible. My experience shows that saving money in the short term can prove a bit more costly later.
Nick.
PS. Go for an Abbott back box, my new Aero has one and it sounds nice and grown up, without the boy-racer ott noise.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The stainless straight through exhaust built/fitted to my 2L CSE Eco/Auto by LongLife Exhausts didn't noticably increase the sound level at all - I'm glad to say. They even omitted one of the two baffle boxes! Of course, they can make the exhaust note 'louder' if you specify it before hand though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.