Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Maptun Stage 3 and Forge dump valve fitted yesterday to my 04 95 aero.

Im not sure if its fully adapted yet but the increase in power is very noticable. Driving up the M1 last night I tried to give it as much welly as I could and I have to say that 3rd and 4th gear are very impressive. The increase in torque is impressive.

The JT exhaust is quite boomy, but hoping I get used to the noise. West Midlands saab made an excellant job of fitting the exhaust which sits nicely in the cut out of the bumper.

I will let you know in a couple of weeks if its got any quicker.

Power increase is very subtle although, I did a few stints on the motorway, hanging it at 4,000 rpm in 4th and then suddenly giving it some welly and bye she flies.

A very worth while upgrade.

The wife doesnt know and would probably divorce me if she found out id spent this money on an upgrade when we need money to buy a house !! Just told her I had a new back box fitted for £200 after she questioned me this evening after hearing the car this morning. She thinks thats a lot of money !! Best hide the receipts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by mushdaffer:
[qb]The wife doesnt know and would probably divorce me if she found out id spent this money on an upgrade when we need money to buy a house  !!  Just told her I had a new back box fitted for £200 after she questioned me this evening after hearing the car this morning.  She thinks thats a lot of money !!  Best hide the receipts  
 [/qb][/b]

I suppose she'll never notice the extra

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi,

if you can afford the 25 GBP, do us (and yourself) a favor and dyno your car. Some of us are trying to collect data on Stage 1-3 upgrades, as we think the numbers quoted by most tuners are vastly exagerated..

Yours,

Philip

P.S. Very pretty car

·
Registered
494 Posts
if you can afford the 25 GBP, do us (and yourself) a favor and dyno your car. Some of us are trying to collect data on Stage 1-3 upgrades, as we think the numbers quoted by most tuners are vastly exagerated..[/b]
'92 900T, IIRC the stock figures look something like 170hp/180 ft. lb. torque.

with a performance air filter, APC upgrade, upgraded injectors (dont know the rate of flow
), upgraded EPROM, modified exhaust, i was quoted something in the 250-260hp range, which im am not sure i can believe.

i have a friend with a highly modified '87 Trans-AM, in need of top end work, wanting to dyno his car once we get it back on the road. we plan to dyno mine as well, when we get around to it. i will certainly post figurs then.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by mushdaffer:
[qb]Philip

I will dyno the car maybe in the next month and will post the results.

regards
Mushdaffer [/qb][/b]
You could dyno on Sunday with us if you don't mind the drive from Leeds, gives you the chance to stretch those stg3 legs

Andrew

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cant do Sunday sorry. I have house jobs to do !!

Can somebody tell me where there is a rolling road nr Leeds or Manchester.

I have been to one nr York although my car would not dyno. the power kept cutting out so couldnt get the revs up. Dont know the reason why but need to try somewhere else.

regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.