Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted my stage 3 speedparts ecu, so once fitted completed adaption run, could do with a runway!!

Most other cars I have been in with an ecu upgrade all go off the standard boost gauge, but mine doesn't in fact it stayed right where it has always been, but then surely the MBC would have this effect, the cars is due to be dyno'd next week, but in the mean time I have adjusted the MBC to give me more boost,.
Has anyone else come across this before??

Cheers Dulux

·
Registered
662 Posts
hi dulux,i had the same when i got my aero.i phoned abbott(whos ecu it was)and they said it should now go right to the top.i pulled the hoses to the solenoid on the rad and fitted a mbc.now alls fine.i put it down to a dicky solenoid.
simon

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Posted by scminks:
  hi dulux,i had the same when i got my aero.i phoned abbott(whos ecu it was)and they said it should now go right to the top.i pulled the hoses to the solenoid on the rad and fitted a mbc.now alls fine.  [/b]
You mean like this?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also don't want to say goodnight to my engine, hence why I think getting her on the rolling road and seeing exactly what she is putting out and what the boost is, my local saab guy says she is quite slow still considering the stage 3 upgrade, so having spent all this money and I want the best results.
Having adjusted the MBC early she is deff much quicker than before.
Speedparts stickers will look s#xy when on the car, will have to give her a good clean!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Dulux, my speedparts stage 1 with JT3" system (no cat) boosted to a short peak of 1.4bar then settled at about 1.3bar
The boost gauge in the car is well off the red at about 20Deg from horizontal.
Speedparts stage 3 arrived today, so lets see what happens!
I think you could tell a lot just by checking the boost (i.e. not even on the rolling road) and
I'm out in the car tonight with the new ECU so I'll try and read the boost so you can compare.
Just a check - you are running 98Ron arent you?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep been running 98 ron since I got her.

The boost is deff out, I think mainly down to the MBC which most only be allowing a certain level of boost, she is much quicker since turning the MBC just half a turn, but I want her set up properly and get an idea of what the output is, am looking for around 250bhp which should be easily obtainable.

cheers Gareth

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Hi - maybe I'm missing something, but can you not just remove the MBC completely (i.e. back to stock) and see how it runs? You'll then be able to check the stg3 properly.
Or is that the plan anyway?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have no apc at all just the bleed vavle/MBC so I cannot take it off!

My local saab guy says he would prefer to reinstate the apc unit, I am not fussed either way I just want to know its right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts