Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted Speedparts stg1 on the weekend, when it came to firing it up I was a bit apprehensive to say the least, but after a 10 minute warm up and completing the adaption runs I can honestly say that the transformation is unbelieveable. 5th gear acceleration feels like the unmodded 4th and 4th like 3rd. Very smooth and unexpectedly the car is more relaxing to drive.

I'm running 95RON and was wondering if there is any real life benefit to using 97-98RON (BP Ultimate?)_not that I need more
but more of a case of following Speedparts recommendations

Also I found insurance has only increased £2.50 per week > Tesco only needed to know the increase in power and were not evasive in any way.

My only regret and it's a big one ........why did I wait so long to do it?!

Fantastic

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1998 9-5 2.0 lpt
with recent GT17 & actuator, larger diameter intake and delivery pipes, Forge DV, DI, brembo discs & pagid pads

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
ok - my 9000 Aero runs much better on Optimax or good 97Ron - smoother with better pickup (I'm not talking lots here). I would give it a go - and its worth doing another calibration run after you change fuel just so you can compare apples fairly too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, but don't fancy my chances of getting away with more adaption runs - best wait until I can't sleep one night

1 - 5 of 5 Posts