Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been following an ST 220 down the M11 this morning in fairly heavy traffic which cleared as we got onto the M25 on-slip, so he booted it big style and judging by the expression on his face & thumbs up as he pulled off a few junctions later he was surprised that I was still up his chuff

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
They are like 0-60 in 7.4 Seconds - but at mid to top range side by side I think you would have slaughtered him.

But there are plenty of unmarked police Cars on the M11 - so maybe not worth it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The St220 is a very impressive, allround car. However, it ain't anywhere near as quick as a htp Saab. Top end it is pretty sparkly though & it can really shift if you are in the right gear. John/ will confirm that as he has had a drive in mine. I think it would muller a lot of Saabs on the traffic light grandprix as traction is great. The 0-60 time is a bit conservative and I know that the 220bhp is under what most of them do on the rolling road.

Of course, the beauty of Aeros and the like is that you can shove your foot down in 5th and it will accelerate like a steam train from about 2000rpm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.