Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I swapped the complete interiors between two 9000 (one manual seats, one electric) hence seat belts had to be changed. Also had to change door cards so windows were down. When it started to rain I unfortunately reconnected the battery on one car and put the windows up (with the seat belt pre-tensioners disconnected).

When everything was back together and I started the car the SRS light remained on. Unfortunately the only way to get the light off is via a dealer reset with Tech II.

My local dealer (Bay Horse Saab) did it for free - well I do buy parts from them every so often. Even so thanks Bay Horse

Oh error code said open circuit driver and passenger seat belt!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The Secondary Restraint System (commonly thought of as the air bag(s)) includes the seat belt pretensioning system. I believe that the pretensioners are triggered by the same sensors that inflate the airbag. So if the belts are not connected, it quite reasonably thinks that there is something wrong with the system and lights the warning light.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

93 CSE non-turbo

I´ve been looking in the forum about this thread before writing, but my exact problem is not shown.

is that the warning light of the srs systems appears all-time off. It means, it don´t illuminate about six seconds before starting the car, to make the check of the system.

Maybe should I disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and try again?
Maybe is the instrument panel light? Is it worthy to me open the facia and check it? Any way of knowing it?

I have been in the saab dealer, they used the computer diagnose unit, and they said me... maybe you have a problem with the airbag, you have to leave the car (in February¡?) and we will invest some hours in finding the reason... (They are overbooked of 93TiD)

I would like to try something by myself, if anyone has ideas

Greetings
spguitarman

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Mark B

About removing the instrument panel it seems so easy, but the instrument panel itself has 7 different connectors at the back side, in a place where is not easy to work, specially connecting them after checking the bulb.

I´ll look for some time to doing it with no hurry

Thanks for your comment, it has common sense¡

Greetings
AlbertoT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.