Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my SRS light is now always on, this happened when i pulled the fuse to the instrument lights and the key (ignition) was on at that moment.
Any ideas how to fix this or maybe they are not related but i suspect it is as it occured at that time??

Thx
Guy
9000cd 2k turbo

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a similar problem on a MY95, 9000 2.0lpt. This car had several intermittent electrical faults, Hazard lights not working and failure of the instrument illumination as well as various switches and ACC panel.
While I was trying to find the fault, I made the mistake of pulling fuses, with the ignition on. The SRS light came on and stayed on. I tried disconnecting the battery and left it over night, but this did not work.
Finally I went to my local Saab indy and he reset the light with the Tech2 device.
I hope this is of some help to you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it seems this is the only way: after doing a search everyone says that it cannot be done at home - but i'm sure there is someone out there who would be able to do it, here in New Zealand we are famous for our 'nos 8 wire mentality'

thx
gyro

·
Registered
706 Posts
I had the SRS light on for no reason as well, although I did have to fiddle around with some fuses at one point!

THey must have reset it during the service as it is now out, and I forgot to mention to the dealer that it needed looking at.

A dealer won't charge much to look at it, and if there is a fault and you crash.... the stuff nightmares are made of!

Skiddins

1 - 4 of 4 Posts