Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to you all.

Quick question - 9000 2.0 LPt Ecopower with ACC - Fan has a high pitched whine / whistle coming from it, can be heard outside and inside. Only there when fan is on low to medium not high, and only after the car has warmed up - any suggestions to stop it - getting fed up of the dog community following my car down the road!

cheers all

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by lion:
[qb]Quick question - 9000 2.0 LPt Ecopower with ACC - Fan has a high pitched whine / whistle coming from it, can be heard outside and inside.  Only there when fan is on low to medium not high, and only after the car has warmed up - any suggestions to stop it - getting fed up of the dog community following my car down the road![/qb][/b]
I have exactly the same symptoms with my 9000 Aero -- whistle on low/medium fan and only once the car has warmed up. Would be grateful if you'd share any solution you may have.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just clutching at straws for you here, but is it possible to get at the fan by removing the false bulkhead and the big air filter?

You can certainly see a fan blade assembly in there but I don't know if it is possible to oil it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Eurocarparts the best bet for "realistic" prices, the parts are genuine SAAB as well! Did a complete overall on my B204 engine recently and cost me around £600 all inc! (Gaskets, chains, tensioners, guides, sprockets, oil, coolant, water-pump, alternator regulator, manifold studs,
etc.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Problem!

If you could email me on [email protected] I would be most grateful - so would the missus as she is fed up with "Mr Perfection and his Bl***y squeeling heater". Is it me or are women not fussed about rattles, squeeks, squeels and any other odd noise that wasn't apparent when you switched off the engine?

Cheers

Lion

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK Probably having a really thick day - which could have something to do with the amount of booze consumed over the weekend - but is my private mail accessed through the my profile bit?

Only it is listing zero received messages. Hate to think you've gone to the trouble to send me something that I can't find and use!

Can you send it again or to my work email?

Cheers mate

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just as well im in a good mood.
Remove scuttle trim on top and the faulse fire wall in bulk head,(partially to the side due to wireing)
Undo the two 25 torx on the evap housing top left and centre front.
Undo the temp flap control cable at about 18 deg
position.
Then there is a clip on either side of the motor housing at the bottom,it is a plastic wedge type,as you pry both outwards also pull fan motor upwards and back on its self at the same time.
Make sure you dont damage the temp flap rod or any of the matrix hoses and the motor,resistor and frost stat will only connect up one way so no worries.
When putting back leave the matrix pipes till last because they get in the way and you could damage them.
Think thats covered so have fun,Any problems e-mail us..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts