Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

As the subject says, I have a squeeky clutch pedal. Every time I depress and release the clutch it squeeks and its anoying me now!.

Any one else experienced this? Any ideas how to resolve, I am guessing its something that is on the piviot point of the pedal itself??

Thanks in advance

Anthony

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Without seeing it, my expectation would be that the squeak is caused as you suspect. First thing I would do is get under there with some Ferrosol (so much superior to WD40) ...or WD40 if you don't have that. Give it a dose and see if it cures the squeak.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers John will do just that and see what happens....

The sound is like two nylon bushes rubbing is the best I can describe.. Will investiage with Ferrosol amd see.....

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi All

As the subject says, I have a squeeky clutch pedal. Every time I depress and release the clutch it squeeks and its anoying me now!.

Any one else experienced this? Any ideas how to resolve, I am guessing its something that is on the piviot point of the pedal itself??

Thanks in advance

Anthony[/b]
Had the same problem together with the steering wheel and the gear lever! Really bad when changing gear going round a corner!!!

Cured them all with a can of a Halfords spray grease.

The clutch squeek was the first linkage up from the pedal. There is a removable soundproofing panel under the dash which need to be removed to gain access.

·
Registered
219 Posts
with the steering squeek, where was it that was causing the noise? Mine is doing it too....[/b]

Initially I thought it was between the plastic on back of the steering wheel and the dash, but I was wrong. It turned out to be the rubber gator where the lower column exists through to the engine bay. Got a load of water up it by driving down a flooded road. Silicone spray lubricant stopped it dead.

·
Registered
219 Posts
with the steering squeek, where was it that was causing the noise? Mine is doing it too....[/b]

Initially I thought it was between the plastic on back of the steering wheel and the dash, but I was wrong. It turned out to be the rubber gator where the lower column exists through to the engine bay. Got a load of water up it by driving down a flooded road. Silicone spray lubricant stopped it dead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.