Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when pulling away in first, or changing up into second - especially under heavy load, i.e. hard acceleration or steep gradient - I get a bit of a squeal when the clutch bites.

What would that be then?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you get a lot of vibration when pulling away, or below about 1500 RPM... is that likely to be connected? I got the exhaust hangers and engine mounts checked and was told they were all OK.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My cse has exactly the same symptons - squealing when pulling away.It's been like that for the last 2 years so if there are no other clutch problems i would be inclined to leave it.
(My rover 800 I had before that did exactly the same thing ).

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If it is just the squeal,I agree with 9000CSE,we have a truck that has done that since new,it has now covered over 200'000 km with no other ill effects,but with the judder iI think a new clutch and slave cylinder is called for.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had a Nissan some years ago and left a squealing clutch because it was still operational. Eventually when it gave up the clutch had scarred the flywheel fairly badly and they had to replace that too. Maybe leave it for a while, but not indefinitely

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.