Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had dealings with or know anything about Sqr racing? I understand Frank is very well known in the area of Sweden where his setup is.

Anyway I sent him an email enquiring about their stage 4 for the 9k 2.0 lpt, the quoted figures on their site are 265hp - 393nm.....using the TD04 turbo in place of the T25.

His return email was very short and to the point...yes they could do it, alot of things would need to be changed and with the TD04 fitted they would achieve approx. 280hp
WEEEEEEEE
......serious power for a 2.0 and more than I have seen on other tuning sites.

Does anyone know if their upgrades are available (like many others) through the post! Or are they a company like Abbott who would prefer to do their's inhouse I did enquire about this in my email but as I said earlier their reply was very short (a three liner)....this I think must be due to receiving many emails without many serious follow ups, well my wedge is waiting as long as I don't have to go to Sweden to get it done.

Steve

·
Registered
136 Posts
Frank Stromqvist is an amazing tuner. I got to meet him at the 2003 Owners Convention. He made me a Stage 3 ECU a year ago and I loved it. At the convention he remapped my ECU, giving me more aggressive timing and raised my rev-limiter to 7000. I am currently running the Viggen TD04 in my 900SE and with the SQR ECU I am putting down 230 wheel hp. What is really amazing is that I am making 230 whp from 5300 rpm to 7000 rpm. The dyno is as straight as a ruler. More info and pics on my website. I highly recommend SQR.

Eric's Saab Site - SQR Dyno

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello,

I also want a ecu tuned by SQR. Frank Really a prof in tuning these!! I will let my ecu remap in next spring. That's when I swapped my 2.0 for a 2.3 engine!

Eric, what are the mods to do on swapping to the td04 turbo? It fits directly to the manifold, but then...... the waterhoses are different aren't they?

My engine delivers by a Hirsch stage II about 250 hp (so they say) I'm going to the dyno with Maarten asap!!

regards,

sander Speek
WWW.SAABTURBO.NL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts