Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know I'm showing (again!) my total lack of anything mechanical, but I spent som time on the weekend, cleaning my car and engine bay. Checking water levels, oil, battery etc. I also checked the pipes to see if they were split and found this one had completely parted company. The outer sponge sleeve was all that was holding the two parts together.

So to my question - what does this pipe do.
... and is there any other pipes/hoses that need to be checked - no technical jargon please - a photo would be ideal

·
Registered
548 Posts
It looks like the pipe from the cam cover to the intake maniford; this should have the one-way check-valve or PCV valve on it. This provides ventilation for the crankcase, and instead of venting to atmosphere it recycles the fumes for burning.

You want to replace the hose inside the foamy stuff. If not you might get a shower of hot oil all over that pretty engine compartment of worse yet, begine to loose some boost!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aerohead, many thanks for the info. The hose split over the nipple so I only lost about 2cms. I've cleaned up the old hose and refitted it. I've noticed a lack of uumph and slightly reduced mpg lately, but put it down to fuel/weather conditions. Now it's fixed should there be a difference to boost.?

Yours in ignorance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.