Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just upgraded my '01 9/5 Aero auto with Abbott ECU,backbox and filter.
I've not had much chance to really try out the new performance yet but it certainly seems quicker than before, with sustained pull in the midrange.
One thing I'm puzzled about is that it doesn't boost into the red like my old Abbottised 9000 Aero used to. Giles at Abbott assures me that this is quite normal.
I'm curious to know if those with the Speedparts Stage 1 upgrade see a change in the max boost level pre and post upgrade. Both companies claim much the same power increase - perhaps its just different ways of getting to the same end?
Would appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The boost guage in a 9-5 is not a boost gauge at all!
i.e its not physically connected to the boost level, its a generated signal from the ecu, and is a engine load meter...

cue technical blurb:

The value displayed by the turbo pointer is based on the following; Trionic calculates the air mass/combustion in mg and converts this information into a value between 0 and 255. Trionic sends this as a bus message: "Turbo gauge". This value corresponds well with the engine torque. The main instrument unit uses this value for the turbo pointer, which is used to inform the driver of the load on the engine.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Hmmmnnnn.....very interesting, and what a con..

Oh well, looks like I'll be fitting an aftermarket aux. gauge panel with a proper boost gauge, if I have to buy a 9-5....

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I don't particularily want to get rid of the 9000 Aero....yet....but I'm looking at reduncancy at the mo, and I may be faced with having to commute by car when I sort out a new job, unfortunately, with a dodgy left shoulder, I couldn't cope with driving a manual if I have to do a lot of miles everyday....so a 9-5 Aero auto would be looming on the horizon if that is the case...but with a Speedparts upgrade of course

1 - 5 of 5 Posts