Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While recognising that any opinion given below is purely based upon that individuals personal experience of the company, and some may wish not to fully comment on their experiences due to perhaps their being in a legal discussion with the company, I wish to capture for the record everyone's experience with Speedparts.

Please write a short note describing your inquiry, business or contact with Speedparts and how sucessful that experience was for you.

This won't be used for any other purpose than education.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Leon,

did you have your car dynoed to verify that the Speedparts upgrade really delivers the promised performance?

Vigge complained that he had only 20 hp more instead of the promised 44 after a Speedparts upgrade.

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally posted by philip hs:
[qb]Hi Leon,
did you have your car dynoed to verify that the Speedparts upgrade really delivers the promised performance? Vigge complained that he had only 20 hp more instead of the promised 44 after a Speedparts upgrade.
Yours,
Philip [/qb][/b]
I need to correct you a little Phillip. I'am pretty sure that the promised power would have been there after SP upgrade, like one could
estimate from the attached dyno sheet.
http://195.237.18.37/dyno/lean.jpg
More likely the question is how "healty" were these horses? Well, everybody knows my oppinion about that.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm in the middle on speedparts. As I ordered a Air intake kit and a sports exhaust in Februari from them. The air intake was delivered two weeks later. The exhaust I cancelled after two months waiting. Cause they didn't know when they were receiving this item. And therefore couldn't tell me when mine was coming.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
[qb]Hi Leon,

did you have your car dynoed to verify that the Speedparts upgrade really delivers the promised performance?

Vigge complained that he had only 20 hp more instead of the promised 44 after a Speedparts upgrade.

Yours,

Philip [/qb][/b]
Yes and it registered 7bhp more than promised...
Although such a small amount extra could be down to conditions on the day..?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm pleased with my stage 1 on my 2.3 lpt.
the car is fun to drive - not just cos of the extra

It actually feels smoother lower down - like the car SAAB should have built in the first place

Alyn

·
Registered
55 Posts
SpeedParts is like the wonderland for Saab owners. All those goodies and what to choose. However, like many after market Saab suppliers out there, it is a smaller shop than one might think. While they offer a good product catalog listing, there might not be a deep inventory on those items if any inventory at all. So, basically what happens is that you place an order and then they place an order. Depending on what you are buying, this can take several months to fill your order. For example, I ordered the 10mm wheel spacers for my 9000 (actually they turned out to be 8mm, but no matter) on Dec 12 and did not receive them until Feb 24th.

So, in summary, good list of parts - often accompanied with a long lead time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
[qb]Hi Leon,

Yours,

Philip [/qb][/b]
Hmmmm. Mine SP stage 2 is working just fine and the horses are healty , but dynotest showed that about 20 horses are indeed missing !

However my buttocks tells me otherwise: there was a noticeable improvement, and I don't really need or miss any of those runaway horses...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts