Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I upgrade my GM900ST exhaust with a view to maybe chipping later and with a view to improving the breathing and getting heat away from the turbo, will the 3" downpipe ......mate with any of the existing standard exhaust parts. The reason I ask is that I have just re-newed the rear and middle boxes of the exhaust. I could take off and store at a pinch if no alternative - any thoughts?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Mike,

I'm not sure about the 900, but I'd assume it was like my 900, for which I have just ordered the 3" front flexi section only. It comes with an adpator to fit it to the normal system.

HTH

(edit) OTOH, you could always try contacting those helpful chaps at Elkparts who are the UK importers...

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I guess it can work.. I ordered the complete JT system for my 9000, but wanted to retain the standard CAT (for now).. the downpipe and the centre box both come with adapter fittings to allow the standard cat to be retained.

Now if you only want the downpipe.. I guess it will mate with your standard CAT which ofcourse is connected to the rest of your standard exhaust system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts