Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 CS 9000 2.3LPT auto and wondered if someone could confirm this information or otherwise.
The correct NGK plug is BCP7ES II ?
The gap should be 1mm .040" ?

I have been supplied NGK BCP7ES and advised to change the gap to 1mm and they are the same.

I have learnt from this site that correct plug selection is critical with the DI cassette, so I thought I should check this information.

Thanks

Ian Buckley
Adelaide, South Australia

·
Registered
763 Posts
Correct plug is NGK BCPR7ES, the 'II' at the end means that is is factory gapped at 1.1mm, (available at silly cost from dealers!), get the above plugs from Halfords or other motor factor shop and make sure gap is 1.00mm.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I couldn't get the identical serial no in NZ, but there is an equivalent NGK plug. Check the charts or telephone a SAAB garage. Gapping still 1mm though, even in Oz!!! (where everything's bigger and better )

Good luck

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone

In Oz, the NGK book lists the BCPR7ES II as the plug for the 9 -5 I think.
It definately lists the BCP7ES as the one for 9000 1994 on, with 2.3 LPT.
I will be taking your advice and getting the correct plugs. I am so glad I checked.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It definately lists the BCP7ES as the one for 9000 1994 on, with 2.3 LPT.[/b]
Ian, as per Damo's comment, definately make sure that the "R" (for Resistor plug) is in the BCP7RES term, or you will blow the DI unit!!

You could advise the garage with the NGK book (to advise NGK) of the error, to save fellow southern hemisphere Saabists the equivalent of £130++ for new DI units.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't do my homework properly. I went back and rechecked the book and it is correct. I am getting the correct plugs now. I am trying to think of an excuse for rushin but I can't.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Harvey, true I don't really care but the PO would have had put in by a real SAAB dealer? My motor is excellent I just wondered why that would be done.
I am getting more enthusiastic, these things are magic to drive. Wherever iIgo I take the long way, if I have time and always on the way back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts