Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been really happy with the handling of my C900 T16S since I got it earlier this year. It's always felt like it "wallowed" too much and generally a little unsure on it's feet (OK wheels
) on anything other than a dead flat surface.

My first thoughts were the shocks... they looked rough and indeed when I replaced them there was a small improvement.

After that, I switched my attention to the front tyres which are a fairly "squishy" profile (205/55R15 on 5.5"). The tyres were pretty rough looking and the sidewall soft. Again a small improvement by fitting better tyres.

Today however I had a new set of springs fitted. I'd finally come to the conclusion that the handling problems must ahve been down to the original springs (14 years old) going soggy. I'd picked up a set of drop springs (25mm) a while back but hadn't got round to fitting them.

The difference is little short of astounding- the car now handles so much more
the turn in is waaaay better. In short it's now a car that I feel really confident about chucking in to bends.

So, I suppose the moral is beware tired springs.

Now the only problem I have is wanting to turn up the
on it

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I might try to come along to the RR on Sunday... perhaps later on. I think you'll be impressed with the difference

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Hmmm,

A chuckable chuckable C900 T16S

I wan't one!

Please come along, You've know our numbers (118 118
).
RR starts at 10:00 and I assume we'll retire to Gt Cressingham 'mill' after.

Good chuckable roads round here.

Andrew

·
Registered
963 Posts
Go on, you know you want to come!

/me wonders what the original springs on mine would feel like (25 years old on Monday!!! Well, that;s hte 25th Anniversary of registration). Never gonna know as I have a set of Boge lowering springs ready to go on With some spangly Avo shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts