Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hosted this year by JG Motors, Colne Bridge Road, Bradley, Huddersfield.

Directions:
From M62 J25, take A644 eastwards towards Dewsbury.
Right onto A62 towards Huddersfield.
Left at lights onto B6118 (Colne Bridge road).

JG are then left after roundabout.

From M1 J38, take A637 towards Huddersfield through Midgley & Flockton.
At junction with A642 go straight across onto B6118 (Grange Moor).
Stay on B6118 for about 4 miles or so, past Kirkheaton.

JG are on the right at the bottom of a long hill, if you get to the roundabout you've missed 'em!

For those coming from south of Watford Gap, don't forget your passports

I'll be there, who else is going?

1. Fliptop

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Call me curious, but by law isn't an AGM supposed to be announced to all club members a set time before an AGM?

I have not seen any notification of it in any SOC literature.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Naranto - the chairman announced this in the last publication in his editorial on page 6.

Fliptop's post is, I think, intended as a reminder since many participants on Saabscene are also members of the SOC.

(Perhaps time to make that appointment with the optician, Naranto? )

...back to the topic:

1. Fliptop
2. Toby Field

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Thanks /john, I looked through the magazine but missed the sentence - though it does not give a date or month, which really make it a little pointless, especially as a little further down are a list (plus dates) of other events going on around teh same time! Also shouldn't there be a 'proper' announcement in the magazine complete with an agenda, rather than a mention in an editorial?

I know with other clubs/organisations these details appear well in advance of the AGM. I would be curious to see how many members attend, or are unaware of the impending date.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Perhaps time for me to make that appointment at the opticians

To be fair, this is a matter for the SOC and perhaps not appropriate to discuss it on SSc.

1. Fliptop
2. Toby Field

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
/john, you are quite right that this is really a matter for the SOC, but if you can just indulge me a moment.

I am not defending or commenting on behalf of the Club here, it's not my role to do so, but to be factually accurate please note the following.

The date and address of the AGM was published on page 3 of the last Driver, below the table of contents, very clearly.

I believe (not checked as I don't have them to hand) but the agenda is normally published with the minutes of the previous AGM - it's more or less the same every year.

Now, who's going to join Toby and I for a chinwag?

1. Fliptop
2. Toby Field

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I thought I'd clarify the situation further for David and other SOC Members.

The Notice was first published in the July/August issue of Driver on pages 3 and 62. It only had the date, and details of how to add items to the Agenda including nominations.

Anyway, back to Topic.

1. Fliptop
2. Toby Field

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I stand corrected chaps.

I thought I had read the magazine cover to cover, but clearly I missed the page 3 statement. I don't need new glasses, I think I'm suffering more from word blindness

Anyway, hope it all goes well at the AGM nad wishing everyone a safe journey. I cannot make it as I am attending another AGM on the Sunday.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still just Toby & me? Surely there are others from round here going...

1. Fliptop
2. Toby Field

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fliptop - if you mean JG Motors' yard and garages, it's actually off the roundabout.

Coming from the A62, make the left turn and take the first left off the second roundabout (go through the first one at Mamas & Papas) ... if you get to the pub, you've gone too far (or rather, not, in some cases ) From the other direction, if you get to the A62 you've gone too far. They do have a large sign on the roundabout, but last time I went past it was missing a bit

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the correction, Orca

Looks like a poor show from the combined SSc/SOC crowd...still just me & Toby? Oh well, see you in t'morning or perhaps not

1. Fliptop
2. Toby Field

·
Registered
139 Posts
Originally posted by Fliptop (V4man):
[QB]Thanks for the correction, Orca    :thumbsup:[/b]
Actually, I'm going to correct myself

You were right .. I was mistaken ... I drove past today and, well blow me! JG is a left turn after the roundabout (if you come off the A62)

I swear that junction used to be a roundabout

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm not a SOC member, so I suppose I'm not invited. What's the format for the day? I might pop along later in the day - I'm only just over the other side of the motorway (Halifax side). I *could* make it 4 (well, 5 with my good lady).

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, there were a few people who braved the grey weather for a trip to the grim North. Was good to finally meet Toby and catch up with Peter, along with many other old friends.

I even managed to pick up a set of stick-on late-type badges (no Scania) for my new centre caps on the Beige Barge and a genuine Saab locking fuel cap for a V4 (+ key!), all for a very sweet song

Orca, sorry, didn't see you last post till today. In reality the AGM is for members only, although our hosts were open for business. Why don't you join up??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts