Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have just removed the "W" hose from my APC on my mid-orange-boosting CS Carlsson. Yes, it went into the red all right! Amazing! Now, can you help me localise my problem?

I am sure that has been mentioned somewhere but can't find it....

Thanks for your help!

That's it, I'm addicted!

Harry
CS Carlsson

·
Registered
403 Posts
Harry,

The simple solution would be to fit the Dawes boost controller (now that your addicted !!)
I believe that Gassy is selling his for £50.

That would by pass the apc solenoid - therefore removing the problem compleatly - at least that would tell you if it is the apc solenoid.

Damo

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: I have just unplugged the solenoid and the effect is the same. Boost to my heart's content. I thought doing that would give you base boost only. Is that true? If yes, can someone explain what's going on?

Cheers
Harry

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I had a similar boost problem with a 90 CD Carlsson. This had DI/APC not Trionic, I think (but not sure) CS Carlssons are DI/APC. This system certainly doesnt seem to be fail safe, like you removing the W hose gave boost past the red, seems there is no overboost fuel cut on the DI/APC system. I would guess at your selonoid valve being the cause of your problems. Check townsends web site for details on troubleshooting the DI/APC system and checking your selonoid valve.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ihave checked solenoid, at idle I can blow through all the ports, at off only through W and R. voltages seem ok. I now need to check dump valve and actuator. Any advice on those would be appreciated. Also, can someone tell me where the knock sensor is exactly? I know it is somewhere near the intake manifold, but can't seem to find it. Finally, with the key switched to on, buzzing can be heard from the throttle body. Is that normal?

Cheers
Harry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.