Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I wonder if anyone can give me an idea to why my saab 9000 2.3 fpt (1992) smokes mainly when sitting in traffic once it has warmed up. I would say it was white smoke, the turbo is pretty new, the cylinder head was recently done, does not lose oil or any sign of mixing with water, runs perfectly. it has done 211k though. also I should say it has a aero turbo fitted and also a non cat pipe on

any advise would be greatly recieved

·
Registered
548 Posts
Usually white smoke is coolant, blue is ois, and black is too much fuel. So you need to check your coolant level carefully and have your cooling system pressure checked. Might be a good idea to comfirm your compression ratios are w/in spec as well. Might be something like a little leak of coolant at the turbo, get it checked b4 it gets worse.

Good luck!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I really think you need to be aware that the Saabs exhaust will produce steam when the outside temperature drops even when the car is upto operating temperature.
As an example my works van is permanently running for 3 1/2 hours a day without being switched off and on a cool day will still produce steam on tickover......
Keep checking fluid levels and especially the header tank for the coolant..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.