Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced all the small (3mm) vaccum lines in the engine bay of my '96 CS Aero but at the back right of the engine is a (now crumbling) line that runs from the little T piece through the bulkhead to I assume the boost pressure gauge and cruise control gubbins.

So - how do I replace this line? Is it a nightmare or can it me pulled through from the other side? Before I strip down the front of car, any experience here would be great....

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
IIRC it runs through the false bulkhead to a grommet in the actual bulkhead. There is a second section inside the dash that is unlikely to need replacing (as it hasn't been exposed to engine temp &c.). You'll need to remove the plastic covering for the false bulkhead and just replace the length from the grommet to the engine bay. HTH

·
Registered
461 Posts
A perfect description - I left this bit until last too; scared of what I'd have to take apart, but in the event, the only difficulty was getting the new, bendy pipe through the stiff grommet - solved by inserting a small drill bit into the tubing to stiffen it for pushing through the false bulkhead grommet.

Carl

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!- that sounds a lot easier than running it right through. It's only the very end of the pipe that is getting the full heat from the engine that has crumbled so I suspect that the rest of it is fine. I'll give it a bash at the weekend.
Just read the drill bit idea.. cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts