Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Following a front end shunt I have replaced almost all the front end parts, one of wich was a second hand rad that a friend gave me.

All was fine till I flushed the sytem thru with rad flush, after refilling the rad I now have a leak that would appear to be a minute hole at the bottom left of the rad.

What are people's opinions on using radweld as a tempory measure ?

I've never been a fan of using it (never have needed too)

Much regards

Damian

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff, or any similar products. If you do a search on Bars Leaks you'll find much discussion on this sort of additive.

The only "additives" I ever put in my cooling system are Water Wetter and if it hasn't been changed for a while, a flush. Both of which would have exactly the opposite effect of Radweld

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've never been a fan of using it (never have needed too)[/b]
I've been using radweld for over 30 years and it has saved me from being stuck on deserted roads many a time. It can be a life saver and contrary to what some people say,I've never had any problems with it, its never blocked up waterways, cause corrosion of blocks or wrecked waterpumps....it just does what it says on the tin.
Saying that, if you are at home, and not stranded on the hard shoulder somewhere in the dark and rain. then plug the hole with plastic metal. This method has also worked for me for over 30 years!
But for real piece of mind buy a new radiator....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.