Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Slipping Clutch on 2.2 Tid Linear Est (54)

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  vulcandon 
#1 ·
This is my first time on SAABscene and i am hoping someone can help me with my question?

I bought a 9-5 2.2 Tid Linear Estate (54 Plate) approx 10 months ago. The car was second hand and had 42k on the clock. Over Christmas it went into a local garage to get it's MOT (mileage approx 50k) and when I picked it up i was driving it home and noticed the clutch was slipping in 4th and 5th gear. After a few days it improved and was fine. It has done it another few times since but always seem to clear itself. It done it again tonight on my way back from work (mileage 58k) so i am trying to see if this is a common problem etc and came across SAABscene. I have had a price from the garage for replacing the clutch which was frightening and they mentioned it may be more if it is a dual mass system?

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

#2 ·
This is my first time on SAABscene and i am hoping someone can help me with my question?

I bought a 9-5 2.2 Tid Linear Estate (54 Plate) approx 10 months ago. The car was second hand and had 42k on the clock. Over Christmas it went into a local garage to get it's MOT (mileage approx 50k) and when I picked it up i was driving it home and noticed the clutch was slipping in 4th and 5th gear. After a few days it improved and was fine. It has done it another few times since but always seem to clear itself. It done it again tonight on my way back from work (mileage 58k) so i am trying to see if this is a common problem etc and came across SAABscene. I have had a price from the garage for replacing the clutch which was frightening and they mentioned it may be more if it is a dual mass system?

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.[/b]
Hello Borderboy,welcome to saabscene,It might be worth doing a search on the forum or contacting a saab dealer as I think I read somewhere on the forum a while back that this might not in fact be a problem as much as it supposed to do something like this,Im not sure if you have the semi auto with the paddle shift, im sure somebody will be along with an explanation,cheers,Bill.

#3 ·
hi i have had 2, 2.2tid 9-5s with slipping clutches an 04 & an 05 i traded the 1st as it was a lemon (clutch was last straw), and after a fight managed to get this one done under warranty. Both started to slip at 24k, the symptoms were, when accelerating hard in gear the revs would flare up, didn't slip under steady driving. Reading hear there seams to have been others with different models that have suffered the same symptoms as mine..D.Fhave a look at zippy's post on the 9-3 ss board

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.