·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

1992 Saab 9000 CD Turbo
2.3l V4
5-speed

I just went out to go to work and the clutch went almost all the way to the floor...Looked under the car and fluid was dripping from the tranny, I lost my slave cylinder.

I know the whole transmission needs to be removed for the slave cylinder to be replaced so my question is, what else should I replace while hes in there?

I dont know how long ago it was treated to a new clutch, but I cant see that hurting...but are there any other things I should have replaced while the transmission is removed?

I need to know within the next 24hrs...

Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
181 Posts
Assuming you have checked that it isn't just the flexible hose to the slave cylinder that has gone (quite common), and the 'box has got to come out, I'd have a look at the state of the clutch. I can't think there's much else to consider - short of taking the 'box apart.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you want a poly transmission mount, now is the time to do it

You could consider getting the flywheel re-faced... opinion varies on how necessary this is.

There is presumably a crank oil seal behind there too which you could do if you wanted.

Am I right that the 92 box has no drain? If so, it would be a good chance to flush and replace the transmission oil.

Oh, and continuing what Tricxy said - the flexible hose is prone to failure, so you could replace that too. It's not that it's not accessible, but why bleed the clutch twice?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oh, and continuing what Tricxy said - the flexible hose is prone to failure, so you could replace that too. It's not that it's not accessible, but why bleed the clutch twice?

Having recently had my clutch flexible hose go while on holiday in the middle of Ireland I had mine replaced.( I was well and truly ripped off by a friendly local mechanic )Labour charge greater than a Saab technician.

Well I found out on my return that you can get the hoses replaced by hydraulic oil hose repair type businesses.
They can also sleeve the hose with stainless steel braiding to add extra strength.
All at half the cost of a new/complete line from good old Saab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.