Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt'd & all that but all it managed to do was cough a little splash from the nozzles then ...... Well just carry on buzzing & blowing bubbles ......

Turns out there was something up with the pump, a sealed unit & totally unserviceable...... I tried prodding & a bitta bleach, bashing it on the bench, Blech :crazy:

Renault had £48 off her for a new un' ...... She was ever so pleased :p

But in order to fit it, it was under the scuttle panel on the nearside...... It was wiper arms off, scuttle panel off, Bonnet off to gain access to the mirriad of wiper arm actuating levers & motor..... They came off in one unit....... Impressive.....(Can't believe I just said that) Then finally got the washer bottle out & yanked off the offending motor/pump/Thingumi...... By the time it was back together ..... Yeah I got rain'd on too today. I needed a lie down on the sofa :thumbsup:

That job would of cost a similar amount as Uganda's national debt at the stealers...... The scuttle panel had suffered badly from the UV too, lumps of it kept falling off..... Its amazing what you can do with duct tape & a bitta black bathroom sealer ;)

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Mother's 2000 Clio had same problem but I'm good I repaired mine :)
there's a shuttle thing with rubber either side that somehow switches between front & back
The rubber swells causing it to heavily restrict flow so just cut some rubber off each end, reassembled & worked
Only cost 2 of my hours
Levered & tapped arms off & all with no damage caused

A quick Google come up with this

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54738

·
SaabScene.com Premium Member
1,136 Posts
What year Clio JM?

I too have fixed 2 of these! One was my Mrs old Clio a few years ago, and the second was a friends Clio in Cyprus ;-). It's dead easy to replace you just pull the old one up, unplug the power, and push the new one in and plug in the power, you'll have to top up with screenwash as most of it will drop out when you pull the old one out. One of the easiest jobs I have ever done.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a 04 ...... I wanted the tank out to see if any goo had built up at the bottom......... On reflection..... I shouldn't of bothered ;)

Not entirely sure where the old one is ....... Should I find it again I'll have a look to see if its "To bits able" ....... Was sure it was a sealed unit..... Thats why I was bashing it on the bench :(

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I say, it was buried under the scuttle panel & under the wiper throw bars & motor gubbins........ I could do it again a tad faster...... But I'd need a bloody good reason tho' ....... Unless sis is payin like ;)

I guess I could of just pulled the pump motor out from the top ....... I just wasn't aware of that option immediately .... Live & learn etc etc

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have done one too. Sadly lost the rubber washer from the bottom of the pump where it fits into the washer bottle. Cost a ridiculous amount!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts