Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
The Carlsson was a sporty version of the 9000 (as per Aero) - I'm sure I've heard somewhere that other countries had Tallagedas (is that how you spell it) instead of the Carlsson.

MY1991 2.3T Carlsson (i.e. mine) had 220BHP as opposed to 200BHP for the normal Full pressure Turbo. Also had a body kit - spoilers, skirts, lowered springs, Carlsson steering wheel, different leather trim (sueded inserts) - not sure if I've missed anything. Oh yes - every 900 owner in the world seems to want my alloys - Carlsson ones were deep dish Aero alloys.

Earlier Carlssons were 2.0T's though not sure on the BHP, and the front was the older shape.

Also have 900 Carlsson's which had similar treatment, and 9000 CS Carlssons, which were more subtle, with a tad more power at 225BHP.

I can email a picture of mine if you like (60k). My email is [email protected] if you want to let me know your email off list.

Did you have anything similar to this in the US? I'm sure you have the 9000 Aero's (is that right?)

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Carlssons are a special 'sport' edition of the 9000, named after the famous Saab Rally driver, 'Eric Carlsson'.

Not sure if they equated to the equivalent of the 9000 'Talladega'. Talladega is a test track (in Spain/France?) where Saab have run several long distance/high speed test trials which broke numerous records. The cars used were standard production models, and resulted in a 'Talladega' variant being produced which had extras (like leather seats on the 900's).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talladega is a test track (in Spain/France?)[/b]

Actually, Talladega is a high-speed 2-1/2 mile racetrack located here (Talladega,Alabama) in the USA. This is the track from which the Talladega 9000's were named. However, I've yet to see a Talladega Saab 9000 or 900 here in the USA...not to say they don't exist though ;-) . I've seen listings for Talladega 9000's for sale in Canada though.

G

·
named after the famous Saab Rally driver, 'Eric Carlsson'.

Erik Carlsson was an even more famous rally driver. Sorry to be a pedant.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
More info on Carlsson's

1989 was 2.0 litre only B202 engine armed with a Mitsubishi 49184-03400 turbo, this produced 205bhp.

(mine's been fitted with Garret exchange unit at some point, don't know if any other 89's still have the mitsu unit)>

1990 was fitted with a Garrett T25 and produced 195bhp.

The models with Catalysts produced 10bhp less.

·
Registered
244 Posts
my 1989 9000 turbo has the mitsubishi turbo and I have had conflicting views on it...some good, some bad. Anyone out there with thoughts/ experience. I need to replace it soon, so wisdom gratefully received! Garrett or what?
bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.